N/APosted on - 07/22/2016
Hi. I have configured all the computers and joined them to the domain, and now I want to install the active directory federation services 2008 on each of the servers. Can you help me by suggesting the steps which need to be followed?
Step-by-Step Guide to Install Active Directory Federation Services 2008
After you have configured the PCs and joined them to the domain, you are now ready to install the active directory federation services 2008. You first need to log in adfs account computer and the adfs resource computer using administrative credentials and then install active directory federation service’s Federation Service Component on both the computers. After the federation service gets installed on the computer, it becomes a federation server.
The steps to install the federation service are as follows-
1) Click on Start, Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
2) Select Roles and right-click on it following which click on Add Roles for the Add Roles Wizard to start.
3) A Before You Begin page will open up. Click on Next to continue.
4) A Select Server Roles page will open up next on which you need to select Active Directory Federation Services. Then, click on next following another next to be clicked on.
5) Click on Federation Service check box on the Select Role Services page. If a prompt box is asking you to install IIS or Windows Process Activation Service, then click on Add Required Role Services to install them and click on Next.
6) Click on Create a self-signed certificate for SSL encryption when to choose a Server Authentication Certificate for SSL Encryption opens up and then, click on Next.
7) When the Choose a Token-Signing Certificate page opens, click on the Create a self-signed token-signing certificate and click on Next.
8) Then, click on Create a new trust policy on the Select Trust Policy page and click on Next two times.
9) After this, a Select Role Services page will open up and to accept the default values you are required to click on Next.
10) Click on Install after verifying all the information on the Confirm Installation Selections page.
11) After verifying that everything is installed correctly, on the Installation Results page, click on Close.
Your installation is now complete. Hope we helped.