N/APosted on - 06/06/2020
What steps to follow to restore the backup of an Active Directory (AD) 2003?
Restoring: Active Directory 2008
These simple steps would surely help you to restore the Active Directory 2008:
- After you start the system, press F8 to restart the system in Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM).
- Select the Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only) once you have selected it.
- Select the operating system that need to restore after start.
- Log-on as an administrator
- Open the command prompt by clicking Start, and type “cmd,” and press enter.
- To ensure that the correct backup will be restored “wbadmin get versions” command and write the version you need to use.
- Now perform a non-authoritative restore of the Active Directory by writing “wbadmin start systemstaterecovery -version:04/14/2009-02:39”.
- Wait for a while till restore completes.
- Reboot the server into normal mode, and the task is done. Further, the object will be marked as authoritative and will replicate to the rest of the domain.