N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
I think that my computer’s hard drive has got damaged as it is stopped working. I have read the manual to remove the back case and take out the hard drive but didn’t get any success. Please tell me how to replace Dell XPS 14z hard drive at home?
Replace Dell XPS 14z hard drive at home
Here are the steps to remove the hard drive:
1. On the back side of your laptop, remove the screw at the bottom right corner.
2. Pull up the back case by using a plastic tool.
3. Now, the hard drive is clearly visible. Open the four screws near the drive, and then slide it to the opposite end.
4. Pull the black tab on the hard drive to free it from the computer.
5. Now, open the screws to remove it from its cover, and install the new replacement.