N/APosted on - 02/01/2017
Whenever I start my word home and student 2013, I get this message: “Microsoft Word has stopped working.” I restarted my laptop, and even after hours, there is no change. How can I resolve this issue? I have Windows 8 installed on my laptop.
Problem With Word Home And Student 2013
Fix #1: Update Windows
Sometimes this issue arises when your OS is not up-to-date. Update your software and restart the laptop. If the problem persists, read further.
Fix #2: Add-ins may cause problems
Update the following add-ins if you have them installed on your PC:
- ABBYY FineReader
- Intel Send-to-Bluetooth
- Broadcom Send-to-Bluetooth
Fix #3: COM Add-ins
- Start the application in safe mode.
- Press Windows + R.
- Type “winword/safe”. Note that there is a space after winword. Enter.
- Go to File. Select Options and then Add-Ins.
- Click COM Add-Ins in the Manage list. Select Go.
- Uncheck anyone add-in in the list and restart the application.