N/APosted on - 07/23/2016
Hi. I am a student. I was studying about the various types of passive and active attacks. I have doubt regarding the DOS attack. Can you please tell about the definition of denial of service attack and what are its symptoms? Also, how can it be avoided? Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance!
The Malicious Virus And Prevent Them: Definition Of Denial Of Service Attack
Hi. The definition of denial of service attack can be somewhat framed as an attack wherein the attacker blocks the user from accessing his e-mail, bank account, and all the regular sites that he uses in his day-to-day life. This can be done in two ways-
1) By flooding the server with messages disabling it from fulfilling your request
2) By sending spam to your e-mail ID thereby preventing you from receiving e-mails of prime importance
The symptoms are as follows-
1) The network works slowly
2) Unable to access to the websites
3) Unable to any one website in particular
4) An increase in the number of spam e-mails
It can be avoided by taking the following measures-
1) Install the anti-virus with the best performance
2) Limit the amount of data that can enter your PC by installing a firewall
3) E-mail filter can also be used to avoid unnecessary traffic
Hope we helped.