N/APosted on - 02/07/2012
My Lotus Notes 7 crashed and gave me an error as posted below. I clicked on Cancel and open another window asking me if I really wanted to Cancel.
When I clicked on the OK button, the window will exit.
But it keeps happening in the previous days. When my Lotus Notes application crashed, this error will keep appearing.
How can I get rid of this?
Lotus Notes Error Notification
An error has occurred in a Lotus Notes application.
Data about the error is being collected for your company’s help desk for use in error analysis.
The Lotus Notes application will close when data collection is complete. Please wait.
Cancel Lotus Notes diagnostics
Are you sure you want to cancel? All process being analyzed will immediately close, and diagnostic output will be incomplete.
Click OK to keep running diagnostics
Click Cancel to close diagnostics and all associated processes
Lotus Notes 7 Application Crashed
A role is a collection of tasks that define a level of user access. Role definitions provide information for role assignments. Specifically, they describe which tasks a user is allowed to perform in connection with a folder, report, or other item. Role definitions can contain either item-level or system-level tasks.
To resolve this error:
1) Navigate to the location where Lotus Notes 7 is installed. For example, 'C:\lotus' or 'C:\Program Files\lotus'.
2) From the 'Tools' menu, select 'Folder Options'. (The 'Folder Option' dialog box appears.)
'Folder Option' dialog box
3) Click the 'View' tab. (The 'View' tab appears.)
4) From the 'Advanced Setting' list box, clear the 'Use simple file sharing(Recommended)' option.
5) Click 'OK'.
6) Right-click the 'notes' folder.
7) Click 'Properties'. (The 'notes Properties' dialog box appears.)
'notes Properties' dialog box
8) Click the 'Security' tab. (The 'Security' tab appears.)
9) From the 'Group or user names' list box, select the appropriate user or user group.
NOTE: If the user is not visible, then click the 'Add' button to add a particular user.
10) From the 'Permissions of Users' list box, select the 'Full Control' option.
11) Click 'OK'.
12) Log off the administrator account and use Lotus Notes 7 from the other account.
Lotus Notes 7.x for Windows