N/APosted on - 04/07/2017
I am using Windows 7 on my personal laptop. I have enabled automatic updates for my Window which is showing an error “windows update error code 80072ee2” since yesterday for one of the updates of the system.
I have no clue how to fix this error.
If anybody knows the solution, please reply.
Learn To Fix Windows Update Error Code 80072ee2 Error.
I had the same error as yours. To solve this, I performed the following steps:
- Click on Start.
- In the Search box field, type “regedit” and then press enter.
- Then, in the registry editor, search the folder in the left panelocated at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate and after that, delete two of the keys in the right pane which we call WIStatusServer and WUServer.
Here is the screenshot of the keys.
- Again, go to start and type services.exe in the search box and press enter.
- Look for the ‘Windows Update ‘service in the list.
- Right-click on it and click on Restart.