N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
Hello everyone! Firstly, let me admit that I am not a tech expert and so, I even don’t know how to set up an Internet connection. Unexpectedly, I have taken a modem on lease through Century Link, and so need to know how to connect CenturyLink modem?
How To Connect Century Link Modem Manually?
First of all, check your equipment kit. It should include:
- The modem and AC Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable (Yellow)
- Telephone Cord (Green)
- Installation guide
Secondly, connecting your modem tutorial:
- Find a good place for the modem (an area at some height will do good for better signal strength).
- Power on your modem. It may take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Connecting cords and cables: Connect both the cord as per their coloured ports on the back of the modem. Now, connect the other end of the telephone line to the telephone jack on the wall, and connect the Ethernet cable to your computer.
- Double check that the modem has four lights lit up on top.
Lastly, open the Internet browser and you will see the message that reads ‘Welcome! Let’s get started’, click on the Next button to finish activation.