N/APosted on - 07/03/2014
I need help with my computer. Out of nowhere, I got this virus called 'OffersWizard' and I'm getting a lot of pop up ads every time I'm online. It's not on the add-ons list on my browser and it's not in the programs so I can uninstall it. The funny thing is, my anti virus can't seem to do anything about it. Please help.
How to remove ‘OffersWizard’ from my computer
OffersWizard is a spam inducing malware the roots into your computer and keeps blocking you with adds continuously. The best method would be uninstalling it from the PC, but it isn't listed in your Programs and Features list.
Then i would advise you disable the process itself. Doing this would require your to follow these steps:
1. Open the Start Menu and type in the search bar "msconfig" without the commas and then press Enter.
2. A new window will appear that will contain 5 tabs. Press the Startup tab.
3. A list of processes will appear that are meant to run during your operating system's startup.
4. Select the process that contains the "offers" or "wizard" words and uncheck it.
5. Press the Apply button and then OK.
6. Reboot your computer and the process will be halted immediately when you enter Windows.