N/APosted on - 08/04/2016
Hi. I have just started using MS-Excel. I want to pay my employees according to the time they have spent in completing the work which is why I would like to know how to calculate hours and minutes for payroll in Excel. Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.
How To Calculate Hours And Minutes For Payroll In Excel
Hi. MS-Excel can be used to calculate the time which has been spent in completing the work by the employees so as to generate the payroll. Also, you are required to change the time format to the number format. To learn how to calculate hours and minutes for payroll in Excel, the steps to be followed include-
1) First, open a new MS-Excel spreadsheet.
2) Enter the time after you select the cell A1.
3) Press enter
4) MS-Excel manually selects the cell A2 for the next time to be entered
5) Make sure that the time is entered in the hours: minutes format
6) Then, after you select the cell B1, enter the formula [A1-INT(A1)]X24 to convert the time entered in hours: minutes to be converted into the decimal format
7) Click on enter
8) Then, starting from the first cell, press the key of the mouse and drag it down so as to apply the same formula to the entire table and values
9) All the values will be converted to the decimal form
10) To add all the payroll time values (in hours and minutes), click on the cell C1 and enter the formula sum(B:B)
Hope we helped.