N/APosted on - 04/13/2017
I am a beginner in IT Company and want to understand how to assign group policy to users in server 2008. What steps should I follow to enforce these settings in my computers?
Get To Know How To Assign Group Policy To Users In Server 2008 On Your PC
To assign the group policy to users in Active Directory Domain Services:
- In the run command, type ‘gpmc.msc’ and press ‘OK.’
- Right-click on ‘Default Domain Controllers Policy’ and press ‘Edit.’
- Next click on ‘User Rights Assignment.’
- Now double-click on the option you want to assign to as user right.
- Then click on ‘Add user or group.’ Select the checkbox for ‘Define these policy settings’ if required.
- Enter the name of the group to which you have to assign these rights.
Another way is through Group Policy object:
- In the ‘Group Policy Management Console,’ choose the Group Policy Object.
- Now open the ‘Delegation’ window and click the ‘Advanced’ button.
- When the new Window opens, click on ‘Authenticated Users’ group and in the Permissions, deselect the ‘Allow’ check box corresponding to Apply Group Policy option.
- Next click on ‘Add’ option to choose the group on which you have to apply the policy.
- After selecting the group name, go back to click on the ‘Apply’ checkbox corresponding to Apply Group Policy option.
- Lastly, click on ‘Apply’ and press ‘OK.’