N/APosted on - 01/25/2015
I am a windows 7 user and I recently had to format windows vista from an old laptop I hadn't used from a long time. So I installed windows 7 but forgot to make partitions of drives like C,D,E etc. After the complete installation, I tried to make partitions by going to my computers but I had no idea how to do it. Is there anyway to make partitions after installation or do I have to install it again?
Forgot partitioning of drives while formatting
You can make the partition after installation of windows 7. Here are the steps to make the partition of hard disk after installation of windows 7.
1. Click on start menu and search for Computer management
2. Go to computer management
3. Once you click on computer management, you will be able to see “Disk management” Option in the left panel.
4. In the right panel, you can see all of partitioned disk or complete disk. Right click on the disk you wish to resize.
5. Select “Shrink Volume” option. Shrink the drive and enter the size you wish to shrink. The volume should be in Megabytes (1GB = 1000MB).
6. You will see new partitioned drive. Right click on that drive and click on new simple volume.
7. Follow the on screen instruction.
In this way you can as many partitions as you want.