N/APosted on - 07/09/2019
I was running my system when suddenly the power went off. When it came back I restarted it, and it showed the error 0x800240021 after the welcome screen, and also when I try to open any other programs, a lot of other similar errors are displayed. What should I do?
Fixing The Error 0x800240021 With SFC
This error is a consequence of broken files in the system. Finding which of it has broken is a difficult task. These kinds of problems arise due to improper shutdowns sometimes. Follow these steps to resolve the issue –
1. Open the Command prompt and use the ‘chkdsk’ command on the system and let it check all the directories.
2. It will take some time but do not hesitate.
3. Once done, run the system file checker or SFC.
4. In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and let it repair the files. After it finishes, restart your system.
5. The error must be gone if done correctly. Remember you have to run command prompt as Administrator.
6. Re-install any program which gives an error. Or after this nothing happens then get a system repair toolkit and use it to remove the error.