Fixing The Cause Of The Windows Update Error 0x8024001a
You get this error when the window fails to search for updates and cannot install them. There are many reasons by which this can happen, some of them are –
1. Virus and Malware
2. Windows registries and file system
3. Internet connection.
4. Windows update service or file corruption.
To rectify the problem, follow the steps –
1. Open services by searching the keyword ‘services’ in the start and stop the windows update service.
2. Go to the cache folder which is the Data Store folder in the software distribution in the windows directory and delete all files.
3. Restart the windows update service, and restart the system.
4. Recheck your internet corruption and make sure your system is virus free. Try updating the windows now, and it will update without error.