N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
Recently, I was trying to update my BlackBerry Desktop Software by connecting to the PC but an error occurred during the updating my software. The error shows “A connection to the tablet could not be established. Please connect your tablet and try again”. An error encountered at the end of installation. What could be the cause? I have tried to reinstall this software but no improvement. Any help would be appreciated.
There was an error updating your software. A connection to the tablet could not be established. Please connect your tablet and try again.
Error while Playbook software failed to update
The error is due to different subnet of your system and the BlackBerry Playbook Tablet.
The resolution to the error is:
1) Click the ‘Select’ icon in the upper right corner of the home screen of the tablet
2) On the left pane select the ‘Wi-Fi’ option
3) Select the ‘Internet Connection’ from the ‘Diagnostic Information’ drop down list
4) Compare the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gallery listed in the network details of the computer
5) Verify that both BlackBerry Playbook Tablet and the computer are in the same subnet. If not, then change the subnet value of your BlackBerry Playbook Tablet to that of your computer.