Asked By 10 points N/A Posted on - 04/15/2012
Enabling and configuring the Vmotion
You need to consider the following:
- Data store compatibility – the source and destination host must use a shared storage implemented using SAN or iSCSI.
- Network compatibility – it requires a Gigabit ethernet network. Source and destination hosts must have same access to subnets and labels to each virtual ethernet adapter should match.
- CPU compatibility – the source and destination host must have compatible CPUs.
Steps to configure VMotion:
- Select the host that you want to enable VMotion
- Click on Configuration, and on the left hand side there is a panel Hardware, click on Networking
- In the Virtual Switch that you want to enable VMotion, click on Properties
- In the vSwitch properties’ tab Ports, add a VMkernel configuration
- After you add it, click on Edit
- Here are the fields that are in the VMkernel Properties
- Port Properties
- Network Lab
- VLAN ID (Optional)
- VMotion: check to box to enable VMotion
Do the same thing to the other host that is in same cluster.
I hope it helped.