N/APosted on - 12/26/2013
I got this game from my friends and started to do the installation, it went successful without any issues. After installation when I am about to start the game I ended up with an error message. I have a windows vista operating system with 64 bit, think so. Is it a bug, should I return it back to the store? Please give me some assistance. Help please.
EFLC FATAL ERROR: Windows Vista: Need to have service pack 1 or higher to proceed.
EFLC shows fatal error and does not run
The error can be solved by changing the registry values in the system.
Follow the steps mentioned below to solve this error:
1) Click 'Start', select 'Run', type 'regedit'
2) The Windows registry will open in the system
3) Navigate to the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAppCompactFlagsLayers'
4) Search for the file named as 'steam.exe'
5) Delete the file 'steam.exe' from the above path of the system
6) Navigate to the key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAppCompactFlagsLayers'
7) Delete the exe files from the path mentioned in the system
8) Restart the system after the following changes are applied