N/APosted on - 10/27/2011
Hello. I am seeking for an expert advice. My wife wants to buy an album. I attached a copy of the image that I want for the album. What I want to do now is to make the picture look like 1970’s style. How can I do it with Photoshop? Thank you.
Changing the style of a picture using Photoshop
If you wanted to have a 1970's style effect of your photo or make it look like vintage you have to follow and play with the settings on your PhotoShop application. To get you started I have outlined some steps for you. Just play around with the values for the effect that suits your taste.
1. Open the image in photoshop.
2. Change the foreground as #ff0000 and background values as #00ff00. then create a duplicate of the layer
3. On your duplicate layer select go to Image>Adjustments>Gradient Map. Then Go to Layer>Layer Style>Blending options
4. Adjust your opacity level to 50%, then flatten (Layer>Flatten Image)
5. Adjust your Gaussian values to 2% depending on the effect that you want.