Mozilla Thunderbird is free open source e-mail and news client software developed by the Mozilla Foundation. Thunderbird provides security features and highly functional email client. It permits user to handle mail competently and with fashion.
It can supervise multiple e-mail accounts, newsgroup and RSS feeder. Multiple identities are also support within accounts such as using Thunderbird with G-mail, any POP3, IMAP, and SMTP. Email accounts provided by Microsoft Exchange Server are also supported. Features like rapid and store search files or folder, message grouping, message filtering and find messages label help to manage. Thunderbird supports a variety of themes for changing its overall look and feel. Some key features are:
- Provides excellent defense for emails.
- Filters away junk mail
- Advanced mail filters.
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is a free of charge e-mail client from Microsoft’s Windows Live set of products. It is intended to be a successor for Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows Mail on Windows Vista. It supports multiple email accounts. Like it can access Hotmail, G-mail, Yahoo mail, and many other servers that present POP3 and SMTP support. It is truly good & strange to observe that Microsoft has opened up their email client to additional providers. It also features a new calendaring function; calendar events automatically synchronize between Windows Live Mail and the Web-based Windows Live Calendar. Some key features are:
- Access to emails, and calendar entries in offline mode. They will be synchronized when connect with the servers.
- Incorporated with Windows Live Calendar.
- Reminder in calendar in Windows Live Mail
- Share calendars in Windows Live Mail.
- Very good security and spam protection.
Zimbra Desktop is a free web mail service provided by Yahoo. It is so easy to setup an account with Zimbra Desktop. Its key features are shortly listed below:
- Home account setup for Yahoo.
- Support & configure multiple accounts like G-mail, Hotmail, and AOL along with yahoo.
- Sync calendar with Yahoo and Gmail (calendars).
- All contacts can stores (in a place) and easy to manage.
- Supports Yahoo! Mail.
- Create new mail easily.
- Can create separate email signatures for each account.
- Can save messages to special folders.
- Perfectly good to use with Yahoo! Mail.
Pegasus Mail is a proprietary, electronic mail client especially for LAN. It is free and one of oldest among similar products. It is very easy to use, rich in feature, and works sound with LAN connection.
- Supports POP3, SMTP, LDAP, IMAP4, and PH.
- Advanced protection system makes it very secure.
- Good protection against spam.
- Light in weight, require very less system resources.
- Rule based filtering for email
- Potent message formatting
Spicebird is a personal information manager based on Mozilla Thunderbird’s code developed by an Indian company called Synovel. Now it is easier to access various web mail services.
- Fully indexed messaging makes it easier to search messages by their content.
- Advanced filtering system to find mails easily.
- New tab system to open messages.
- Integrated search with Windows