N/APosted on - 02/24/2014
I upgraded the XBMC version to the nightly builds; the upgrade went without any problem. I thought it was perfect, but now I see some errors. When I open the XBMC in full screen mode I get this below error message. So I uninstall the old version and still I am having this error. How will I find the root cause of this error? Your help is great. Please help. Thanks.
LoadLibrary ‘DBGHELP.DLL’ failed with error id 8
XBMC has problem after upgrade
This error usually causes because of the profile settings. You have to create a new profile. Do the followings:
1. Start XMBC.
2. Export all your database from System settings, Video, Library, Export video library. Don’t forget to choose to export into one file.
3. Now, go to Start menu >> Type “run” >> hit enter.
4. Type and enter this text:
5. You’ll find a folder called XMBC. Rename it with “XMBC-crash”.
6. Start XMBC again.
This will create a new profile and then it will give no more error.
Another solution might be helpful but this is odd. You have to run XMBC in portable mode.
1. Start “Run”.
2. Type and enter:
3. Type and enter the following lines:
cd /d Progra~1XBMC
This will run XMBC into portable mode. You can make it into a shortcut too. Just copy-paste into Notepad and save with .bat extension.