N/APosted on - 03/21/2015
Hello! I use HP Elite Book 8440 p and recently I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 through Microsoft store. Apparently it was a successful upgrade but now my laptop takes a very long time, approximately 5-10 minutes to boot everytime. This is really so annoying and affects my work too. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my laptop? How do I get around this problem? Thanks!
Windows 8.1 slow boot time
Before going to this process please make it sure that you understand it and you will not just follow the instructions and perform the steps. Your computer's performance might become worst if you will just remove unnecessary applications in startup.
1. Press Hold “Windows” + “R” to open the “Run” dialog box.
2. In the run dialog box, type “msconfig” without (“—-“) or quotes and hit enter in your keyboard.
3. “System Configuration” window will pop-up. Look and select “Services” tab.
4. Do not select “Disable All” because there are other applications that need to run in boot process to make your computer work properly. If you will disable all, your computer will become worst in boot cycle.
5. Tick the option bellow that says “Hide All Microsoft Services.”
6. Once done selecting the unnecessary applications not to run in boot cycle, click “Apply” button close the dialog box. Finally restart your system. You will notice your system will boot much faster than before.