N/APosted on - 03/06/2013
I have a 32 GB LTE Galaxy Note N7000 with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot. I've been having wifi disconnect after a few minutes everytime since updating to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Why does Galaxy Note wifi disconnect often?
Why does Galaxy note wifi disconnect?
There are a variety of factors that may contribute to your problem so here are some solutions that may be useful for you
1. Open your Galaxy Note and go to System Settings.
2. Tap on the WiFi on the left
3. Choose the menu button and choose Advanced.
4. Mack sure to uncheck the box saying ( Avoid Poor Connections)
The problem usually happens when the wifi signal goes down, so it disconnects and then reconnects frequently.
Also you need to answer this question;
Does this happen in all wifi networks you try to connect to or just a specific one?
i.e If you are facing this problem at home but not at work this would mean that there is a problem in your wifi network at home.
And here some factors that may contribute to your problem
– Netgear routers for some reason cause some problems with Samsung Devices
– Try to use these settings for your WiFi router configuration
For security Mode use WPA/WPA2
For Authentication use WPA-PSK
– Most of the routers are on channel 6. Try to change your router's channel to 1 or 13
Download this App called WiFi Analyzer this helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.