N/APosted on - 02/02/2012
I receive an intercourse error message while using Microsoft Outlook Express to synchronize the contacts in the outlook folder. The message reads, “ActiveSync cannot logon to Microsoft Outlook. ”
Microsoft Outlook Synchronization
ActiveSync cannot log on to Microsoft Outlook. Make sure Microsoft Outlook is instated and functioning correctly. You may need to restart your computer. You could have a conflict due to two folders on this computer are named C:Program FilesMicrosoft and C:Program FilesMicrosoft Office. If so, rename the C:Program FilesMicrosoft folder so that does not contain the word Microsoft. If this folder contains subfolders, you may need to reinstall programs in the renamed folder. For more information on renaming folders and installing programs, see Kelp for you operating system.
How can I solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Unable to synch MS Outlook Express contacts in the Outlook folder
I have 2 methods which can help you solve your issue depending on which has caused your error. Please try and let me know what method helped you.
Method 1 – Remove the Outlook Backup Add-in
1. Start Outlook, and then click Options on the Tools menu.
2. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options.
3. Click COM Add-Ins, click Outlook Backup Add-in, and then click Remove.
4. Click OK three times, quit all open programs, and then restart your computer.
5. Try to synchronize the Outlook items. This method should correct the problem in most cases. However, if the problem still occurs, go to method 2.
Method 2 – Remove the Outlook Personal Folders Backup Utility
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup, and then click Remove.
3. Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the wizard.