N/APosted on - 10/31/2013
Step by step instructions on how to make my G+ Profile URL. I have been reading that Google G+ profiles now can have a name
Instead of the long coded URl we can have +nameoftheprofile.
Can I have the steps to achieve this please?
Step by step instructions on how to make my G+ Profile URL
You can shorten your Google + Profile URL only if you are eligible. The rules for eligibility are:
a. Should have more than 10 followers
b. The account should be 30 days old or more.
c. Should have a profile photo
If you meet the above criteria, you'll see a notification at the top of your Google + page or Profile.
1. Navigate to the "About" tab on your Profile, then "Get" link located under your Google + URL.
2. This will list the approved URL(s).Select an option or make a unique URL by adding numbers and letters.
3. Agree to the Terms of Service.
4. Click “Change URL”.
5. Verification of the account may be asked in a pop up box. Fill in the details and follow steps .
6. You may approve the selected URL.This URL will link to your Google + profile. On approval, no change to the URL can be made. Click “Confirm” to get the URL.
Alternatively, you can also visit this site to get a shortened URL for Google + profile.