N/APosted on - 06/14/2012
1. Downloaded software from manufacturers website but I am still told that I need to insert a disk.
2. Microsoft Accessories System Tools: Backup can’t find storage devices.
3. My computer hardware is recognized. CDs and DVDs not recognized. Free space not recognized.
4. My preinstalled Sonic software is also causing a massive problem. The program refuses to open so I downloaded the Sonic Software from HP Support Download Website Center. The downloaded software asked for an install location that doesn´t exist so install failed
5. I want to try and backup my complete system using the F11 function that is if I can actually find the software and where it is.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Sonic solutions and backup not working
If you want to backup your whole system but your computer doesn’t seem to accept or recognize any CD or DVD disc that you insert, you may try using a USB flash drive that is big enough to fit the whole backup files of your computer.
There are USB flash drives in the market that are big enough to fit backup files. Some of the USB flash drives that I know are around 4 GB, 16 GB, and even 32 GB disk capacity.
If the Sonic software is giving you a headache every time you try using it, why not try reinstalling it. This will restore it to its default configuration and remove possible corrupted files in its installation.
Uninstall Sonic first from your machine then check your computer for any possible errors. Use a disk utility application to check the system. Install the application again after this and then check if this fixes it.