N/APosted on - 05/30/2012
Hello experts, I need help.
When I turn on my Windows Xp, it gives me "svchost.exe -application error", it also says "The instruction at '0x71ab664d' referenced memory at '0x71ab664d'. The memory could not be written.
Click ok to terminate the program. There's no other button but "ok".
Then it gives a series of numbers that will just not go away.
My Windows XP encounters svchost.exe -application error
SVCHost is stands for Service Host – This support many essential windows services
If you encounter “svchost.exe-application” error then you can follow this solution:
1. Click Start button
2. Click Run, if you don’t have a run button, type RUN on search menu then enter
3. You will see a text filed and type” services.msc” then enter
4. Go to Automatic updates and click
5. Choose Log on tab (Local system account must be selected)
6.You will see the option “ Allow service to interact with desktop”- uncheck this option
7. You will also find the Hardware profile section tab, enable this option
8. Click general tab,make sure that start up is set to Automatic
9. Click start button,then type “RUN”, in the text field type cmd/command then enter
10. Then a black screen appears,this is the command prompt, type REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL then enter
11. Then it appears DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL
12. After this step, Type REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL then enter, type REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL then
Enter, type REGSVR32 ATL.DLL then enter, type REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL then enter, type REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL then enter, type REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL then enter, type REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL then enter, type net stop WuAuServ then enter, type cd%windir% then enter
13. Then type ren SoftwareDistribution SD_OLD ( to rename the folder)
14. Then type net start WuAServ then enter(to restart windows update service)
15. Type exit then enter
16. Final step: Restart your PC