N/APosted on - 03/13/2013
I have an external HDD from Imation the model is Apollo. I was going to use it as a mobile HDD which means that this HDD will be used to copy to and from the HDD from various computers.
I am currently Windows XP, while the HDD be compatible with other OS's or does it need a separate driver hdd Apollo?
I need a driver hdd apollo
You don't need Driver for your portable HDD to use it on other Operating Systems. Because the driver for USB Mass Storage devices is already installed on any Operating System. All you need to do is plug your USB HDD into the Computer and Windows will do the rest.
Actually this is what happens when you plug USB HDD for the first time:
– Windows will detect the hardware and recognize it as USB Mass Storage Device.
– It will automatically install Mass Storage driver for it.
– Then it will recognize your HDD as Disk Storage Device.
– It will install a disk driver.
– Then it will be ready to use.
Again it should work on any operating system without the need for any driver.