N/APosted on - 04/25/2013
I have here a Lenovo laptop and its OS is Windows 7. Now I don't have any antivirus since my last reformat because it is quite expensive and I still get lots of viruses in Windows. Anyways, I have had downloaded a McAfee free antivirus, and just let it work on my laptop until this day that it disable detection of USBs! I don't have any idea how did it happened. Was this because of some other reasons? or is it because of McAfee setting disable USB? Thanks!
How to fixed this MCafee disabling my USB
Hi, Which McAfee Antivirus Software did you installed in your laptop? Because the only thing that might block the detection of your USB is if you also install McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager.
If in any case it has Endpoint Encryption Manager:
1) Open Endpoint Encryption Manager
2) Click the Devices Tab in the Left-pane
3) Look for the Computer object, Right click and then select properties
4) Choose General Tab in the left-pane
5) Make sure that the Always Enable preboot USB support (auto otherwise) is not selected.
6) Click Apply and Ok.
If in any case, this won't resolve the issue try visiting McAfee website and look for their knowledge base.