N/APosted on - 11/03/2011
1. I would like to know how to create an account using ActiveSync on the Android mobile.
2. I already changed the username field for registration but it troubles me because I have to remove the space from the first and last name. Now, I would like to simplify this process.
3. Every time I log in on an account, I use [email protected] What if I try to use [email protected] by using ActiveSync, will it be better?
4. Do I need to organize the Lotus Domino Server with SSL support before setting it up like what real organizations do?
5. What if two persons have the same first and last name. And they both want to register on that account. Will they be registered as two different people?
I would like to have answers to these questions given this information: I have a Domino 8.5.2 and Traveler was installed.
How to create account using ActiveSync on the Android mobile
Hallo Fritzie Carl,
You will need to use the procedure below for you to successfully setup active sync on your android mobile that you are using:
Select the Email options from the androids application menu and then type your email address and the password that you want to use, and then click on next.
You will then select the exchange account and then enter the account information which includes the username, the password and the exchange server address.
You phone will verify the server the settings and then choose the options to use for the server which will include the email frequency, the amount of mail to synchronize, notification time when a mail arrives and if you want the contacts to be synchronized from the account that you are using.
You will thereafter select Next and then enter the name for that account, and then select Done to complete the setup process.
Hope this helps.