N/APosted on - 12/03/2011
Hello! We primarily used Zimbra for syncing emails and calendars. Now, we need to sync mobile phones to our Zimbra accounts. I successfully sync Android phones, iPhones and Blackberry but I was unable to sync Windows Phone successfully. The server that we are using has their own self-signed certificates and our client cannot afford to buy other certificates. I am receiving error when trying to set up account in Windows Phone. The error is: The server's certificate has problem. Contact your technical support. Error code: 80072F0D. How can I be able to sync with this kind of certificate? Can anyone help?
Error with self-signed certificate: Unable to sync Windows Phone
Please find information below which may help you with your concern in syncing your Windows Phone to your Zimbra account because of the self-signed certificate. For this specific concern, you must import the root certificate from the server into your device. Kindly follow the steps below:
1. You need to go to: /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/ca directory and you need to copy the ca.pem file to a safe location.
2. You need to use this codes and run on the file you copied:
$ openssl x509 -in ca.pem -inform PEM -out MyCertificatecrtcer -outform DER
3. Now, you may need to copy the new MyCertificatecrt.cer file to your Windows Phone.
4. With the use of your phone’s File Manager, you can now click on the MyCertificate.crt file and you should receive a message that it was successfully imported to your device.
5. Lastly, you need to enable SSL in ActiveSync on your phone.
I hope this finds you well.