N/APosted on - 12/30/2013
Microsoft word is my world; all my document work is with Microsoft word. A bit I have a simple or common error which is resulting by adding or inserting an equation in the word document. Everything else is working to my knowledge. Using Windows XP operating system, so I need to reinstall Microsoft word? And I tried this in windows 7 same problem. Pro’s assist me to find the solution. Thanks.
The program used to create this object is Equation. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that that can open the object.
Equation object is not installed on Microsoft Word
This problem will occur if MathType.exe is run under compatibility mode. To turn this off,
1. Go to "%programfiles%MathType".
2. Right-click on MathType.exe and select “Properties”.
3. Open “Compatibility” tab.
4. Deselect “Run this program in compatibility mode…”.
5. Press “OK”.
Now try to launch the object.
Also, try disabling UAC notification.
1. Go to Control Panel >> User Accounts and Family Safety >> User Accounts.
2. Press “Change User Account Control settings”.
3. Slide down the scroll to “Never Notify” and press “OK”.
4. Restart your PC.
Now your problem should have solved.