N/APosted on - 03/21/2015
I have an Acer Aspire E1-531 and I consistently receiving an error stating "Driver detected a controller error on DeviceHarddisk2DR2" when I am trying to shut down my PC. The error is stopping my Windows 10 from shutting down properly and I need to force close it to get rid of the error. I have an internal hard disk and two external hard disks. One of my external hard disk has a Windows which I bought to extend the disk space. Please tell me if this will help as the error is kind of annoying now. I really want to fix this ASAP. So can someone help?
Driver detected a controller error
Having this issue is easy to fix. Try to perform all the tasks below and you will get the fix that you’re looking for. Just a follow up question, did you installed other software or peripherals? If not or if you did install additional devices or software perform the following tasks.
1. Uninstall all drivers and software for your video card and sound card.
2. Reinstall the driver and software for video card and sound card. Don’t include the applications for sound card and video card.
3. Download some fix registry and updates.
4. Update software and hardware drivers regularly.
5. Before turning off the computer eject the external hard drives.