N/APosted on - 05/23/2012
I cannot start Windows Live Movie Maker after downloading it.
I didn’t get whether Video card drivers are not updated or program does not support the minimum requirements to use the program?
Cannot start Windows Live Movie Maker after downloading
Check first your system specifications if it meets the minimum system requirements of the Windows Live Maker.
Here it is:
1. Windows Vista/ Windows 7 Operating System
2. At least 1GB Ram
3. 2.4Ghz processor
4. Video Card that supports DirectX 9.0c or later versions and Pixel Shader 2.0
5. Internet Connection and Web Browser.
To know if you fit the minimum system requirements,
1. Click Start
2. Choose All Programs
3. Choose Accessories
4. Choose Run
5. Type "dxdiag"
6. Check your specs at the System Tab and Display Tab.
If your graphics driver does not support the requirements or is not updated properly try to identify the manufacturer of your graphics card using dxdiag command, then update it manually to the manufacturer's website. Or you can use the windows update for this.
If it doesn't solve the problem, uninstall the Windows Live Movie Maker completely by:
1. Going to start then choosing Control Panel
2. Choose Program and Features
3. Click Windows Live Movie Maker, then choose Uninstall.
Re-download a fresh copy of the installer using this link, then reinstall.
Hope I helped you well.