N/APosted on - 04/25/2015
I’ve been using this printer for few weeks. I usually control it using my desktop computer I usually press only the power button to turn it on and off. I tried to use the manual buttons just recently because a paper is stuck in it. I tried to eject it manually. Can you give resolution with this problem with my printer? Can you give me alternative ways on how to resolve this problem? Can you please provide me also what will be the best way to avoid this from happening again?
Buttons does not work with Brother MFC J6920DW printer
Since you just got this printer for few weeks only, there’s no reason for us to say that we defective or malfunctioning buttons. As you mentioned a paper was stuck with it. That’s the reason why the manual buttons were not responding. Unplugging and re-plugging the power cord will refresh the printer and will at least be able to pull out the paper jammed inside it. Don’t just pull the paper, at least make away to slowly remove the paper.
1. The best way to avoid this is to make sure that the paper in the tray were properly layered. This is quite bigger to any other printer. Paper jams usually happens every time we print multiple documents at a command so make it sure that your bond papers doesn’t have folds in it to avoid this incident.
2. Make it sure the paper are all at the same size. If we are going to print A4 size pages of documents all must be the same.
3. If this keeps on happening, open the printer by using the left and right handles in it. This printer is like a car hood in which you can use support arm so you don’t have to hold it.
4. Brother printers’ posts message if there’s paper jammed, if it is front or back jams. Open the proper hoods to remove the jammed paper.
5. Print your documents by batch.
6. Don’t use smooth or slippery-shiny paper. Use the preferred type of paper that were described in it’s manual.
7. Make it sure before closing the paper tray, check the bond paper if there’s any bent or folded to avoid this.
8. Do not use paper that is not preferable with this printer.