N/APosted on - 03/08/2012
I have an Epson printer and I changed the ink yesterday. It seems to work but it leaves gaps every 2 or 3 lines in some letters. I used the nozzle cleaner but nothing changed. I don't know what else to do. It seems that it's a common epson problem. Do you know why it happens and how can I fix it?
Epson gap problem – Why it happens and how I fix it
Please try to follow any of these solutions:
1. Make sure that the ink cartridges does not exceed the expiry date written.
2. For Windows: The Media type setting should be checked in the Main menu. Make sure the setting is correct for the type of paper you are using.
3. For Macintosh: The Media type setting should be checked in the Print Dialog Box. Make sure the setting is correct for the type of paper you are using.
4. You will need to run the Head Cleaning utility in order to clear potential clogging in the ink nozzles.
5. The Ink Out lights need to be checked. Replace the cartridges if necessary.
6. The thinner paper should be selected on the SelecType mode. The paper number setting should be checked in the Paper Configuration menu.
7. Check if the platen gap is too wide the paper you are using. Adjust the platen gap setting from WIDE to AUTO in the printer setting menu located on the SelecType mode.