N/APosted on - 12/21/2013
I would like to access shared files on my home network from my Nexus 10. Is it possible? If so, how? Can any expert guide me how to do so. I have been doing this with my Windows laptop but cannot get the hang of it with this new tablet.Thanks
Access shared files on my Nexus 10
There is an easy way to do that. You need to install ES File Explorer File Manager first. This is the greatest file managing program for Android.
You first have to configure your Windows PC’s sharing settings.
1. Go to Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Center.
2. From the left panel, select “Change advanced sharing settings”
3. Select “Turn off password protected sharing” and then “Save changes”.
4. Then, start ES File Explorer File Manager on your Nexus 10.
5. From the top-left corner, tap down the “Local option” and select “LAN”.
6. Select “New”.
7. Login as “Anonymous”.
Then enjoy your shared files from anywhere you stay.