N/APosted on - 12/08/2013
I bought this WD's Red 4TB HDD and installed it on Dell Inspiron one 2020, all was working well until i tried partitioning the Drive using easeUs partitioning Master, after the partition, I can only access 2TB, How can I unpartition my drive and partition it well?
4TB HDD partitioning not working
To partition those 4TB HDD inserts a CD/DVD with a windows installer and follow some steps:
1) Reboot your PC.
2) Set the First Boot Device to DVDRW.
3) Insert DVD with Windows and follow the steps until you get the Menu with Hard Partitioning.
4) Delete all partitions that you have made before, till you will a partition of 4TB.
5) Select the 4TB unpartitioned space and press C ( to create partition).
6) Enter the valuables (how many GB the partition will have) of creating the first partition.
7) Select again the unpartitioned space and create another partion by entering the valuables (how many GB the partition will have).
8) If you want to install your OS again select the C partition and continue with installation.
8) If you don't want to install your OS again and have done repartitioning all HDD press F3 to quit and then press Y for yes. Your PC will reboot now and you have to remove the DVD with Windows Installation.
9) Enter in My computer, click to the new partition and click Format and in the last you will have a full working new partition (continue the process to all new partitions that you have made).
Follow the pictures bellow: