N/APosted on - 06/20/2012
Our office server uses Windows Mail. I have set it up and I get all my incoming emails just fine. However, I keep getting an error message about POP and SMTP server, and I'm cannot t send out any messages. I have set it up to use Cox's SMTP server (smtp.pop.west.cox.net). Please see below image.
Is my SMTP setting correct? Do have any suggestions on how to make it work?
Unable to configure Email on Outlook
The error happens to occur when either SMTP or POP3 server account information is false on your system. If it is vice versa, this issue might arise due to the connection to the ISP, since the mail server may be inaccessible for few support cases.
In order to troubleshoot this error, you need to make sure that your credential settings for the assigned mail servers are both matched. The server information can be obtained by accessing your ISP or LAN administrator. Next , in order to validate your Internet Email account settings, please perform the following actions.
1. First of all, launch the Microsoft Outlook
2. Go to Tools menu and select Accounts.
Note : In the case Accounts is not displayed on the Tools menu, it means that you are not running Outlook Express 5)
3. After that, go to Mail tab and click on your email account name and select Properties.
4. Under the General tab, please check that you have the correct email address.
5. Later, go to Servers tab in order to make certain that the information of email server is absolutely correct for both SMTP and POP3 servers. Not forgotten to ensure that both servers contain faultless settings for your credential name and password.
6. Next, select Connection tab to confirm that you are using the appropriate connection.