Steps To Fix The Hard Drive Error
Hard disk errors are caused by power outages, poor system maintenances, viruses, human error, and hardware failures. To fix this kind of error, you can use the chkdsk tool found in Windows operating system.
The steps to use the chkdsk tool to terminate hard disk error are as follows:
• Open My Computer and then select the hard disk you want to fix.
• Right-Click and from the drop-down list, select Properties, and then go to Tools.
• Under Error-checking, click Check now.
• Now one of the following steps you can follow:
• To run the chkdsk mode in read-only mode, click start.
• To fix the error without scanning, choose Automatically fix file system errors check box, then click Start.
• To scan and then fix the error, choose Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors checkbox, then click on start.