N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
Hi guys! I have a printer for office purpose and I recently got a Wi-Fi connection there. I want to make my work less tedious by printing through wireless connection. Please tell me how to connect Canon MP495 printer to Wi-Fi?
Step-by-step Guide On How To Connect Canon MP495 Printer To Wi-Fi?
There are two methods to do this:
- Standard USB Connection method-
- Insert the printer CD into the optical drive and run the software.
- On the initial screen, click Next.
- Choose the Wireless connection.
- Make sure the printer is in ready state, and then click Next.
- Click on ‘Connect to the network’.
- On the printer, press and hold the maintenance button (A) for 5 seconds.
- Click on Next.
- Select the ‘Wireless setup using the USB cable’ in the set up procedure selection window.
- Now, choose your Region and Language, and then click on the Next button.
- From the software installation list, select the ones you want to install, and then hit the Next button.
- Agree to the End User License Agreement to continue.
- In the next pop-up Window, click on Next.
- Now, connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Confirm the access point for your printer and if it is correct, then click on Yes.
- Disconnect the computer from the printer when the following screen appears.
- Review the details on the next Window, then click on Continue > OK.
- WPS Connection method-
- Before getting started, make sure your device has a WPS push button, and that you’re Wi-Fi has WPA or WPA2 security protocols.
- Now, turn on the printer.
- Press and hold the (A) Maintenance button for approx. 5 sec.
- Next, press the Fit to Page button, and see if the LED blinks as illustrated below.
- Press the WPS button within 2 min.
- Now, the device will search for the connection or access point. When it is done, the LED screen will display ‘1’, and the Wi-Fi lamp (blue) is also on.