Partition size changing help needed

Asked By 0 points N/A Posted on -

How can I resize my partition in windows 7? I want to decrease my D drive size without using Partition Magic or any complex software like it.

Best Answer by Cash hahn
Answered By 0 points N/A #162101

Partition size changing help needed



Hello Densie,

Nothing to worry, as Windows 7 and vista provides you built-in utility for partition management. Follow the following steps,

1.       Open up Control Panel and type Partition in the search dialogue box.

2.       In the Disk Management screen just right click the partition you want to resize and choose Shrink the Volume.

3.       In the Shrink Volume screen, you are required to enter the size you want to shrink by.

Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 0 points N/A #162103

Partition size changing help needed


Hi dear,

Same question as you i have had before. there is an easy way to solve this. I tell you step by step.

1. Go to the control panel

2. Select the icon of Administrative tools

3. Select computer management

4. Double click it and you can see new window with three headings

5. Select and double click storage

6. Then you will see disk management as the topic in the middle of the new opened page

7. Double click it

8. After little while, you can see your disk information layout, type, file system and status as the headings

9. Bottom of this page you can see your partitions divided by squares

10. Right click the partition that you want to resize and select shrink volume

11. Follow next simple steps to resize your partitions you can select the size what you want and name of the partition

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions