N/APosted on - 08/04/2016
.Hi. I am very much interested in the concept of servers. Previously, I have even tried building a storage server. How to build a storage server? Also, what are the advantages of the same? Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.
Learn How To Build A Storage Server For Free
Hi. The advantage of building a storage server is that you can customize it according to your need any time you want to. You can also modify its size, storage capacity and features as and when required. To learn how to build a storage server-
1) First choose a software which can be easily configured like FreeNAS
2) Next, choose the hardware on which FreeNAS can be run
3) Next, begin installing FreeNAS by inputting the DVD and USB key. Then, after you turn the computer on, enter into BIOS when the PC boots. After the process gets finished, the PC will restart and this time it will identify the software from the USB key. Enter the credentials when asked for
4) After you are logged in, create the file system by clicking on storage and then on create volume
5) Select the drives to be included and give them a name
6) After you have the space available, you can add pictures and videos to it
7) Create the common Internet file system service by clicking on services, CIFS button, and then assigning the permissions to users. Then, give it a name which you will be using to access the machines of Windows OS.
Hope we helped.