N/APosted on - 10/26/2012
Could you please spare some time to help me resolve my problem?
I recently got upgraded to IE7 from my previous version of IE6. I’m getting this error message (I’ve posted below), every time I try to open a PDF file from any website or when I log onto “Go to Meeting” Webinars.
It states: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item."
I really don’t know what I should do. May be some problem in IE7. Please guide me.
IE7 getting problem while trying to open PDF file from any website
Hi Gregory Manilov,
This kind of error occurs due to following reason:
1. The file you are trying to open is corrupted or not fully downloaded.
2. The file location is not accessible due to security permissions.
3. The file is blocked.
4. The antivirus is blocking the file opening.
You can resolve this issue by checking the following things:
1. Check the path is correct.
2. Check your current user has the access to the folder if not then give access by right click on the folder and edit permissions for read and write to the current user.
3. Check the file properties if it is block then unblock it.
I hope this will resolve the issue. Thank you.