N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
I have been wondering to find out the place to enable SMTP on Windows 7. But surprisingly, I didn’t find any answer online also. Has anyone among you known about it? If yes, kindly summarize how to configure SMTP server in Windows 2008?
How To Configure SMTP Server In Windows 2008 Using User Interface?
Let us go with this article on how to install SMTP in Windows 2008.
- Open the Control Panel, and go to Program and Features.
- Click on ‘Turn Windows Feature on or off’.
- Checks mark the IIS and .net platforms.
Now, open the IIS Manager:
- Click on System and Security under Control Panel.
- Go to Administrative tools.
- Double-click on the IIS (Internet Information Services) manager.
The further process to configure SMTP is as follows:
- Open the IIS Manager, and double-click on SMTP Email in Features View.
- Type the Email Address of the Sender, and then choose any one of the following:
- Deliver Email to SMTP Server:
- Enter the TCP port and type the name of the SMTP Server in the respective fields.
- If required, specify the authentication mode and credentials under Authentication Settings.
- Store Email in pickup directory:
- Type the batch Email location in the corresponding text box.
- In the Actions pane, click on Apply.