N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
I am not very comfortable in using many technologies especially the higher ones that includes codes and certain programming knowledge as well. So, can anybody help me on how to configure VLAN on Cisco switch? This task has been given to me by one of my seniors, so urgent help required!
How To Configure VLAN On Cisco Switch (3 Layers)?
Step-by-step instructions to configure a switch to perform VLAN routing:
- Enable routing on the switch using the command for IP routing.
- Write down the VLANs that you need to route between.
- Use the show VLAN command to make sure that the VLAN database contains these VLANs.
- An IP Address should be assigned to each VLAN interface on the switch.
- Now, configure the VLAN interfaces using the above-identified IP Addresses.
- Using no switchport command, configure the interface to the default router.
- Configure the default route for the switch.
- Configure your end devices to use the VLAN interface as their default gateway.
The commands for the above process and an example can be read in detail on the following link: