N/APosted on - 04/05/2015
A friend of mine told me to run a battery diagnostic on my Dell laptop and I don't know how to do this. He tried explaining but I can't seem to follow. Can anyone explain how to run a battery diagnostic? What exactly would a battery diagnostic show if I do run it? Thanks.
How to run a battery diagnostic on laptop
Here are some ways to run Battery Diagnostics in Dell Laptop. You can check it in BIOS.
1. Restart your laptop.
2. While in the restart cycle continuously tap “F2” key until you see “Entering Setup” on the top right corner of the monitor.
3. Under the blue BIOS screen, look for General >> Battery Information.
You can also go to access it from your desktop.
1. Start >> Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power Options >> Dell Battery Meter.
Checking battery in ePSA Diagnostics
1. While your Dell Laptop is off, hold “Fn” key or Function Key and press Power button. This might take quite some time. It will check not just your battery but the entire hardware parts included in your laptop.
2. You can also use tapping “F12” key before or while Dell Logo is in your screen. Select Diagnostics from the Menu.