N/APosted on - 10/17/2016
Virtualization is to use many operating systems on one machine. Virtual machine allows you to run any operating system on your PC. They provide a base to run software on your OS that are made to work on others. How to get a virtual machine?
How to get a virtual machine
Virtual machines are computer programs that allow you to run different OS on your machine.
But the OS in virtual hard drive will work slower as compared to the one installed in real hard drive.
WHY TO CREATE A VIRTUAL MACHINE?
Though these machines have serious issues, they allow you to use other operating systems without uninstalling your real one. Once you are done with an OS you can delete the virtual machine. It is a good way to test new OS without actually installing them with a CD. The software’s present in the machine do not interfere with the ones present on the hard drive. This is an advantage because virtual machine is sandboxed from the system.
VIRTUAL MACHINE PROGRAMS
1) VIRTUAL BOX
Free of cost.
No up gradation required as it has no paid versions.
2) VMWARE PLAYER
Can be used on Windows, Linux.
It is free of cost and basic virtual machine.
3) VMWARE FUSION
Free VMware is not available on Mac so the users need to buy VMware Fusion.
This version is more polished.
HOW TO SETUP A VIRTUAL MACHINE
1) Download and install any virtual machine program.
2) Open the extension and click to create a new virtual machine.
3) Follow the onscreen instructions.
4) It will automatically choose the defaults for your OS. So you can continue by agreeing to the default setting if you want.
5) Insert the installation media when prompted.
6) Machine will boot the OS from the media.
7) Installation process will take place in a window on your desktop.
8) When the process is complete just close the window.