N/APosted on - 03/12/2013
Hi guys. I'm trying to check the status of data received in COM port 5000 then analyze all data. I'm using UdpClient on the receiving end but it crashes. Any workaround on this? I need someone to teach me how to check data in com port. I have Windows Vista 64 bit.
How to check data in com port 5000?
To check the status of data received in COM port 5000 on your Windows Vista 64 bit, you need to do the following:
1. Go to the command prompt – Start>Run>cmd
2. Enter netstat -ano to get a report of Active Connections
3. Report of Active Connections includes: Protocol, Local Address, Foreign Address, State, PID. Report like the one given below:
Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
UDP 127.0.0.1:5000 *:* 5000
4. Write down the process identifier (PID) associated with port 5000
5. Also note the Local Address, Foreign Address, Protocol and State
6. Start the Windows Task Manager
7. Select the Processes tab in Task Manager
8. Search for the PID you wrote down previously
9. netstat parameter -s displays per-protocol statistics
10. By default, statistics are shown for IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, and UDPv6