N/APosted on - 07/12/2014
I would be grateful to you if you can help me understand why my PC sometimes starts in an abnormal fashion. Mostly, Windows 8 boots smoothly, but sometimes it shows Gray or blinking screen before the login window appears. What I have to do is restart it 4-5 times so that it reverts back to normal booting style. I am not sure if it is affected by wi-fi or wireless mouse? I see fixing recommendation by the system sometimes as I restart on and on but it warns me of removal of data, so I simply cancel it. Please advise and help me solve it.
Facing issues while booting up my PC – Windows 8
The problem you are facing might have been caused by a Windows Update. To solve the issue, you can try to revert back before the update using recovery options.
– Restart your computer.
– Press 'F8' key before it boots up.
– Keep holding the button until it shows 'Please wait..'.
– Go to Advanced repair option.
– Click Troubleshot and then Advanced options.
– Choose 'System restores' with a date before you did your last update.
You can also try to solve this issue by booting up in Safe Mode and uninstalling the update manually.