N/APosted on - 06/17/2012
I have the Kaspersky security internet 2011. And when the 2012 version came out, I decided to upgrade and uninstall the 2011. However, while using the official uninstaller of Kaspersky, I had encountered a warning prompt saying that I do not have sufficient access to the Windows registry key: Win logon/Notify/klogon.
I already sent an error report to Kaspersky using the avptool2010. They responded with a script that should be run that will resolve the said issue. I did run it and it prompted for a reboot, however after the reboot still same problems, it does not fix anything.
Any help I could get will be appreciated.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
Error 1402. Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinLogonNotifyklog on.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Error installing Kaspersky security internet 2012.
Yes the kaspersky internet security is at its best in the market. All the problem seems to be the usual problems and the OS and system specifications are not incorporated in the question. Windows 7 and 2 GB ram I guess. The Solutions possible
1. Delete the registry from regedit.exe and then re install the program.
2. Get to the administrator account for doing the installation work.
3. Get administrator privileges to the system directory and other services.
4. Go to the firewall and see if any blocks are performed there.
5. Stop any other antivirus software that is currently at use.
6. Reinstall the program.